Privacy Statement Belinus Solar BV
Monday 07 December 2021
Belinus values the protection of your privacy and aims at processing your personal data in a
transparent and discreet way and in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
This Statement explains how and why Belinus Solar (company number 0704.818.826)
and its associated companies (hereinafter jointly referred to as 'Belinus') process your
personal data within the meaning of the Belgian
1. What is personal data? Personal data is any information relating to identified or
identifiable natural persons.
2. Which type of data do we collect? Personal data is collected only if you have decided to
provide it to us. The information is used for performing the services offered by Belinus.
Personal data is not used for any other purpose, unless you give us permission to do so or
Belinus is required to do so by law. The personal data collected by Belinus may include:
name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, home address, family
situation (marital status, dependants), financial Information and other similar information.
3. The legal bases for processing personal data Belinus will process personal data only on
either of the following legal bases:
- Performance of the contract: the personal data that is processed is necessary for
performing the services contractually agreed between you and Belinus.
- Legal obligations: the personal data must be processed so that Belinus can meet certain
- Legitimate interests: the personal data may be processed if that is in Belinus's legitimate
interest for adequate and lawful performance of its business activities, provided that your
interests do not override our legitimate interests.
- The Data Subject's consent: you have given your consent to the processing of your
4. Why do we collect your personal data? We collect personal data to ensure that we can
provide the services requested by you and to improve our services. Your personal data is
also used for direct marketing activities if you have indicated that you wish to be informed
thereof. The data processing method may vary depending on the service provided to you by
Belinus. Furthermore, your personal data may be used to meet legal requirements and for
administrative purposes (accounting, invoicing).
5. Website Terms and Conditions of Use Please refer to the disclaimer, legal information and
through our website.
6. With whom do we share your personal data? Your data will be used only within Belinus.
Apart from the exceptions listed below, your data will not be shared with third parties.
- Your data may be shared with third parties if you have given us explicit consent to do so.
- Your personal data will be shared with third parties - for instance service providers - if that
is necessary for performing our activities. Belinus only does business with renowned
- Your data may be shared with third parties if Belinus is legally required to do so, for
instance by the Tax Administration.
- Your data may be shared with other members of the Belinus network if that is necessary for
administrative purposes or to fulfil professional services to clients.
- In the event of a reorganization within the company or the sale of any Belinus entity to
another organization, Belinus may disclose personal data related to the sale or other transfer
of the company to which the data relates. Under no circumstances will your data be shared
with third parties for commercial purposes.
7. How do we secure your data? To secure your personal data, Belinus takes all reasonable
and appropriate technical and administrative safety measures. This prevents unauthorized
access, accidental destruction and modification of data as well as data breach to the largest
extent possible. We constantly improve our systems to ensure that we can guarantee data
security. Nevertheless, no system or procedure can offer absolute protection against the
aforementioned risks. By providing your personal data to Belinus you acknowledge and
8. How long do we keep your personal information? Belinus keeps your data no longer than
is necessary for performing its services, unless we are required to keep them for an
extended period to comply with legal obligations.
9. What are your rights?
9.1. Right to access You have the right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your
personal data and you have the right to access that data. Prior to giving you access to the
data Belinus may ask you for proof of your identity.
9.2. Right to rectification You have the right to rectification, free of charge, of any data
concerning yourself that is incorrect or incomplete.
9.3. Right of erasure You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. If we
erase your personal data, certain services offered by Belinus can no longer be provided.
9.4. Right to restrict processing You have the right to block or restrict the processing of your
personal data. If processing is restricted, Belinus may store the data, but no longer process it
9.5. Right to object You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in
three specific cases:
- processing of data based on legitimate interests, the performance of a task carried out in
the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- direct marketing;
- processing of data for scientific or historical research and statistical purposes.
9.6. Right to data portability You have the right to receive your personal information in a
structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to
transmit the data in that format to another controller.
9.7. The right to file a complaint Belinus aims at processing your data in the most
transparent and correct way possible. If you should have the feeling that something is not
right nonetheless, you can always contact our Data Protection Officer at the email address
email@example.com. In addition, you have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data
Protection Authority at
Thor Park 8300, 3600 Genk
Phone: + 32 16 91 03 14
10. Changes to this Statement Belinus will evaluate this Statement from time to time and
change it as necessary. The date of any changes will be indicated on the dedicated website
page. We invite you to check our Privacy Statement regularly. Any substantial changes will
be notified through the website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please don't hesitate
to contact firstname.lastname@example.org